It’s that time of year again – the yearly Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! While this year definitely feels different to be hyping the sale, it’s still one of my fave sales and a great time to stock up on some basics at a great price. If you are like me, you are trying to be a bit more mindful in your purchases and really only buy things you need or will be needing this fall. With that in mind, I’ve decided to round up my faves for working from home, working out (a great outfit REALLY helps!), items for your home, sneakers, beauty and a few necklaces that are a great price – such an easy way to update your current look! I hope this guide helps you navigate your shopping if you choose to buy anything.
Not shopping the sale? No worries—you’ll be fine, and there’s always another sale. Don’t spend if it’s not the right time for you or if you don’t have any gaps in your wardrobe!
When is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
First things first, when you become a Nordy Club member you get access to the Nordstrom Sale early! That means that before the shelves have been swept, you can grab your favorites!
Early access starts August 13th at 9:30am ET, and then the sale opens up to everyone from August 19th through the 30th. The best part is you can shop everything online which is so important right now. To know when you can start shopping, just log into your Nordstrom account and they’ll tell you!
So let’s get shopping!
You can also save your faves to a Wishlist if you can’t shop yet so all your picks are ready once you have access to the Sale! Below are the things I have on my wishlist or already own that I think you guys will love. I’ve divided everything up into categories so it’s easier to find what you’re looking for…
Jen’s Picks for Working from Home
We are all working from home (well, with the exception of our essential workers who we can’t thank enough!!!) and while at home I’m all about comfort. I know a lot of you are all about loungewear, but I’m a jeans + t-shirt/sweater/sweatshirt gal time and time. Here are some things on my wishlist if you are looking to update your wardrobe for the fall.
- I typically update my jeans each year during this sale and these are the two pairs I’m eyeing this year – the Looker Ripped High Waist Fray Ankle Jeans from Mother (LOVE this brand!) and the Cate Skinny Jeans from Rag & Bone – another fave brand!
- This sale as 2 great options for great tees – this Rounded V-Neck T-Shirt with a pocket ($12 and comes in 8 colors/prints) and this V-Neck Shirt that has a slightly oversized fit (my fave!) which is $15.90 and comes in 5 colors. I find I’m always looking for more white tees, so this is a great time to do that if you could use another tee or two…
- This dress! Ok, so now isn’t really a time we need dresses, but this print is SO CUTE and it’s only $31!! Definitely getting this for those days I want to pretend things are more normal – plus it’s cute with sandals, boots or sneakers! (Also comes in a daisy print and a cheetah print)
- Cardigans. I’m always cold and I love to layer, so I typically buy 1 or 2 cardigans from this sale. They are great quality and will last a few years. I have my eye on this olive green one (also comes in Indigo, Fog and Clay) and this neutral colorblock one!
- Sweaters. Here in Cali, it isn’t sweater weather until usually Jan but I realized this past year, I don’t own many sweaters and this one is the perfect rust shade.
All about comfy cozy right now….
- This Free People Waffle Henley Tee looks SO COZY. Perfect for fall days at home. Also comes in Army, Black and White.
- Free People Oversized Knit Sweater? Yep. Love. Also comes in Black and Tan.
- Tie-Dye – still on board with this trend! And I love sweatshirts, so this Daydreamer Tie-Dye Sweatshirt is definitely on my must haves….
- I love Rock Tees and Daydreamer is a great brand (although a bit pricy), so of course this Led Zeppelin tee is in my cart.
- Better Days Will Come Tee – love the optimistic outlook on this tee (and feels like the perfect tee for 2020)
- Indoorsy Long Sleeve Tee – just feels appropriate for the times, right?
- This Ribbed TopShop Cardigan. Comes in gray, black, oat and olive with an oversize fit.
My favorite Sneakers!
I’m a huge sneaker fan and this is a great chance to add a pair or two at a great price. These are on my wishlist this year…
- Veja Esplar 3-Lock Sneaker (normally $130, on sale for $97.50!)
- P448 Floral Sneakers
- Parka Studded Sneakers
- Stan Smith Adidas Sneaker
- Nike Blazer Low SE Sneaker in White/Pink Quartz/Orange (love this unique color combo!)
- Skate Glitter High Top Sneakers from
Clothes for Working Out & Lounging at Home
Not sure about you guys, but working out has been one of the things to keep me sane during this pandemic. And what helps working out? New workout clothes. I definitely need another pair of pants and sports bra, so these Zella Studio Lite High Waist Leggings (in Pink Primrose), Zella Live in High Waist Leggings (come in Black, Grey and Purple), Zella Studio Crop Lite Leggings (come in Pink and Black) are on my list Alo New Moon Tank (comes in a few colors) – Nike Racerback Sports Bra and Zella Sports Bra – along with this super cozy tie-dye sweats! These black jogger pants look super comfy for home as well. New PJs needed? These Moonlight Dream Pajamas (come in a bunch of colors and prints) and these PJ Savage Stripe Trim Pajamas.
For Your Home
Since we are all spending a lot more time at home, this is a great time to update a few things – or add a few things you have recently discovered you need at home! These are our favorites…
- New Artwork for the Walls? Check. This Beach Summer of Love photo adds that wanderlust we are all currently dreaming of – and it’s on sale for $28.90!
- Water Bottle updates. Since switching out my water bottle to a gold Swell bottle, I’ve definitely been drinking more. They have this Smokey Quartz Swell bottle currently on sale for $22.90 (normally $35) and this exclusive color Thistle Purple Hydro Flask is on sale for $32 (normally $49.95).
- Cozy blankets. For the couch or bedroom, I can never have enough blankets. This blanket with poms is on my wishlist as well as this cozy one – both come in a bunch of colors as well!
- Containers – I’ve been looking for more containers since we are cooking more at home now and these containers are functional and stylish! Come in 4 colors.
- coasters – loving these marble coasters as well as these terrazzo coasters!
- This Space Dyed Accent Pillow would make a great accent pillow for your living room – a pillow is an easy way to update your space!
- Candles – This Anthropologie Mini Salt & Sand Scented Candle is a fave – great to have a few on hand for when you need a last minute hostess gift. These Voluspa Candles are another great option – a pack of 5 mini candles normally $50, on sale for $33.50.
- Diffuser – a MUST while at home now. I have one in our office, living room and bedroom. The smells instantly transform my day. This one is a great price and you can find essential oils on sale as well!
Not surper imporessed with the beauty options this year, but there are a few good deals I wanted to share if you need
- Supergoop! Sunscreen Set – A three-piece sun protection set featuring a full-size Superscreen Daily Moisturizer and two travel sizes of Play Everyday Lotion SPF 50.
- Living Proof Shampoo
- Body Wash and Body Lotion from Necessaire
- Ouai Thirsty Hair Oil & Leave-In Conditioner Kit
- T3 Curling Iron normally $160, on sale for $107. I have this one and LOVE IT!.
- Mac Cream Team Eye Kit – A three-piece kit to help you create an everyday look, featuring an eyeshadow palette
- Kiehl’s Jumbo Size Midnight Recovery Concentrate normally $83.50, on sale for $125
Jewelry + Hats
An easy way to keep things feeling a bit different is adding a necklace. I love simple gold necklaces. In fact, I have that Gorjana Gold Bar necklace and love it – normally $60, on sale for $35.90! I’m also wanting to add a few new coin necklaces, so looking at this Starburst Medallion Necklace and this Palm Coin Pendant Necklace. This Flower Etched Necklace (normally $42 and on sale now for $24.90) comes as 3 necklaces layered together (love that!). And this Cayne Crescent Plated Pendant Necklace would be so cute over a tee or sweatshirt – comes in gold and silver!
And I love a hat in the fall! These typically sell out fast, so don’t wait too long on these. This Snakeskin Print Trim Wide Brim Wool Panama Hat (comes in Grey and Brown) and this Velvet Trim Felted Wool Panama Hat in Dark Burgundy.
Are you shopping the sale this year? What’s on your wish list?